Speakers Club offers you a safe haven to experiment with public speaking.
Speakers Club offers you a safe haven to experiment with public speaking.
Why You Need This
JOIN OUR SPEAKERS CLUB
Are you tired of pitching yourself at events, hating your voice and the words you use while you’re talking?
Are you fed up with being a bit jealous of that colleague who gets all the attention during meetings because he knows how to tell a story the right way?
Are you still figuring out how to get used to public speaking?
How to feel at ease in front of an audience?
How to speak up and enjoy it?
If you are looking for a place to practice your public speaking, but:
- you want to take small steps because that is the way to reach the goal.
- you want to practice without being judged.
- you want to receive honest feedback
- you want to stay motivated even with trial and error.
- daring to speak up is applauded.
- you want to discover if and how public speaking can become a part of your life and business.
…then TLA Speakers Club offers you that haven.
The TLA Speakers Club is the right cocktail of a nice evening at your private club mixed with speaking exercises and peer-to-peer training for everyone. It’s having fun while teaching yourself and learning from others. We train every 2-3 weeks, so you won’t risk losing your acquired skills.
Energizing & Inspiring
“Mijn ervaring is heel positief in die zin dat je een platform krijgt om ongegeneerd te oefenen en daarbij nog eens concrete handvaten krijgt om te werken aan zowel inhoud, structuur van je verhaal. Ik besef nu dat voorbereiding en het uitschrijven van je teksten uitermate belangrijk zijn. Bij de derde sessie heb ik dit voor de eerste maal gedaan en je voelt de innerlijke rust bij de start van je presentatie.
Na de laatste sessie ben ik thuisgekomen en heb mijn vrouw enthousiast verteld over de sessie. De Speakers Club geeft me energie, voldoening en rust. Ik kijk nu al uit naar de volgende Clubtalk!“
Peter Van de Veire
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- 5 X 3H-TRAINING IN AN INFORMAL SETTING
- SMALL GROUP
- EVERY CLUB MEMBER GETS HIS OR HER MOMENT(S) ON STAGE
- EVERY CLUB SESSION YOU HAVE YOUR OWN FOCUS EXERCISE AND IMPRO
- YOU CREATE A 7 MINUTE TED TALK DURING THE PROGRAM
- PEER TO PEER EXERCISING AND FEEDBACK
- PROFESSIONAL FEEDBACK FROM IANKA
- NEW TECHNIQUE EVERY MONTH
- IN DUTCH OR ENGLISH
THIS IS WHAT YOU GET AS A MEMBER
- You can start out small.. we exercise small talks, speech elements, network chit-chat
- This is your chance to try out your jokes, storytelling, introduce yourself, explain things, give short speeches, improvise, pitch, etc..
- This is an opportunity for you to try out and get immediate feedback from your peers. You can finally find out what the audience is really thinking
- At the end of your program, you have your first small TED talk ready.
- You grow your self-confidence
- You practice several public speaking techniques
- You rehearse in a setting where everyone is trying, so trial and error is essential!
- Rehearsing with peers is fun, and so is learning from others
- Make new friends share experiences, even do business :))
Why I created this
If you want a playground to experiment with public speaking, then the Speakers Club is the place to be.
As an actress, I always had the opportunity to experiment in theatre. I was able to try and fail without being judged but being motivated instead. It is a privilege I want everyone in public speaking to experience.
Since I started training speakers, I have often been asked to create a haven for those who need to train their self-confidence or are seeking a place to rehearse.
So here it is!
I am looking forward to meeting you and helping you grow.
What I offer
What I offer you
You work on a 7-min TED talk during the program.
You exercise improvisations on every club evening
You’ll receive a hand-out for each session.
Insights & fun
You learn and practice with your peers but have a lot of fun too!
Check your agenda
Spring 2019 registrations are closed.
This for you
This is for you if..
- you are still figuring out if public speaking is your kind of thing
- you are an introvert and want to have a safe place to practice (more than once)
- you are not planning to become a professional speaker but want to practice small speeches
- you want to become a more engaging communicator
- you have a leading position and want to become a motivator for your employees.
- you feel a bit shy when you speak
Frequently Asked Questions
The Speakers Club is your kind of thing if..
- you are looking for an informal place to exercise and rehearse
- you are frightened to speak in public
- you are starting out with public speaking
- you already give keynotes and presentations but you feel the need to improve on it on a regular basis
The Speakers Club is not your kind of thing if
- you are a trainer in public speaking
- you are not appreciative of peer-to-peer training
- you already think you know/do it all
Is Speakers Club always on evenings?
- We think evenings are a good choice because we gather every month. If we do this during daytime, this would mean you have to leave your work/company for 5 days. We want public speaking to become a part of your business and not cost you business.
Why do I have to pay immediately?
- If you subscribe to this program you have to pay for it immediately. We do this so we (and you) are sure that your seat is yours. There are only 6 student-speakers allowed. We want to be sure every subscription is for real.
I made a reservation but can not make it
Because we work in small groups it is important you make a reservation to be sure of your spot. If you made a reservation and couldn’t make it, there is no refund.
Speakers Club looks more expensive than other initiatives?
If you think Speaker Club is more expensive then other public speaking training days then you need to take a look at the following facts:
- Most trainings that are cheaper go for 10 to 15 participants. At Speakers Club we go for a small group (max 6)
- Our concept is built on the principle that repeated training is necessary to grow. That is why Speakers Club is a monthly training
- We choose to offer an ‘injection’ of public speaking skills and at the same time not to overdo it for you, so that’s why we go for three hours of training.
- Organizing an event means booking a venue and catering. The more days the training takes, the more places you have to book and pay regardless of the number of participants.
- Some public speaking clubs are cheaper because they don’t work with an expert (like ianka) and do not offer real training, only peer to peer feedback.
“De Speakersclub is een toffe manier om regelmatig te spreken en er bewuster mee bezig te zijn. Het is een goed concept voor personen die regelmatig voor een groep moeten spreken.De kleine groep maakt het vlot en makkelijk om dingen uit te proberen. Je krijgt telkens eerlijke feedback welke helpt om bv aan m’n keynote verder te werken. Ik vind het zeer inspirerend, en is steeds gezellig moment.“
Peter Van Riet – Designer & Keynotespeaker
ianka fleerackers is founder van de Thought Leaders Academy waar ondernemers, academici en leiders opgeleid worden tot professionele sprekers. Ze is een veelgevraagd moderator van grote congressen rond technologie, marketing en innovatie alsook inspirational speaker rond storytelling, failing forward en emotionele intelligentie.
Ianka bouwde in het verleden reeds een succesvolle carrière uit als actrice, schreef en publiceerde meerdere boeken, werkte jarenlang in het theater, voor nationale radio en televisie en ontwikkelde er eigen formats.
Ze is een mediaprofessional in de breedste betekenis van het woord: expert in wat voor èn achter de schermen gebeurt en dit bij verschillende traditionele en online media.